Tuesday, February 17, 2004
Soulseek client version 153 release candidate 1 is now available here. This is what changed since the last test version:
- Soulseek now generates a random listening port number when it first starts to avoid detection by ISPs.
- You can manually set your listening port number.
- The client prompts you to configure your router to forward the selected port when one is randomly generated.
- The client alerts you when the configured listening port is already taken by another application.
- Ticker performance has been optimized for the benefit of those who had performance problems with the original ticker.
- Ignores now work for ticker entries as well.
If you haven't tried out any of the previous test versions, here's the rest of what's new since 152:
- Can now specify "Dislike" entries as well as "Like" entries.
- Global and personalized negative rankings based on people's dislikes.
- A reference counting system now used for getting other users' online status. Your client doesn't bother getting the online status of users you're not downloading from/chatting with.
- Scrolling room ticker allows each user to add their own text.
The official discussion for this release is here.
Nir 4:24 PM